Who We Are & Our Philosophy
Integrated Neurological Services (INS) is a registered charity providing long-term support for people with neurological conditions and their carers.
We support people living in the London Boroughs of Hounslow and Richmond.
The philosophy of INS is to encourage self-help and independence for our clients and, by working in co-operation with statutory and other organisations, to help provide ongoing, integrated services for them and their family carers.
- in a person-centred approach in all its services;
- that personal dignity and wellbeing are paramount for every individual involved in its work – clients, carers, staff and volunteers;
- that its services are open to all who can benefit;
- in maintaining transparency in all its dealings.
Constitutional Aims of INS
The Constitutional Aims of INS established at its inception and remaining at the heart of the organisation are to:
- Provide a caring, rehabilitation, maintenance and support service primarily for people with Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease or who have suffered a Stroke.
- Reduce the effects of their disabilities and improve quality of life.
- Encourage clients to help themselves and to live as independently as possible.
- Provide practical and emotional support to family carers.
- Monitor each patient’s condition and measure objectively the effect of INS intervention.
- Liaise and work with statutory and voluntary organisations to enhance the long-term care given within the community to those with neurological conditions.
- Advance education in the support of people with neurological conditions and their carers.
- Develop a model of good practice which could be replicated in other areas of the country.
The latest INS annual report can be downloaded here.
- Founder President
- Eleanor Kinnear
- Vice President
- Dr Elizabeth Grove
- Alan Britten CBE, Chair
- Telfer Saywell, Treasurer
- Sara Challice
- Caroline Hill
- Sophie Norton
- Faith Pozzy
- Richard Sealy
- Susan Stevens
- Christopher Williams
- Consultant Neurologists
- Dr. Peter Bain MBBS MA MD FRCP
- Dr. Ronald KB Pearce MD PhD FRCPC FRCP
- Major General Sir Michael Carleton-Smith CBE DL
- The Baroness Cumberlege CBE DL
- Robin Jowit OBE
- The Rt Rev Peter B Price, Bishop of Bath & Wells
- The Baroness Wilkins
- INS Team
- Ann Bond, Chief Executive
- Carol Hopkins, Clinical Manager
- Sheila White, Occupational Therapy
- Jane Duncan, Occupational Therapy
- Sarah Forword, Physiotherapy
- Mandy Peake, Physiotherapy
- Carol Williams, Social Work
- Janette Pye, Social Work
- Joanne Williams, Review Coordinator
- Felicity Parsons, Speech & Language Therapy
- Tamara Mehdi, Speech & Language Therapy
- Angela Willman, Speech & Language Therapy
- Paul O’Riordan, Neuro-rehabilitation Therapist
- Wendy Lywood, Rehab Assistant
- Roopa Venkateswaran, Rehab Assistant
- Belinda Canosa, Fundraising Manager
- Fiona Muir, Fundraising
- Chris Chia, Finance Officer
- Fiona Marschall, Office Administrator
- Peter Janssens, Admin Assistant
- Ruhi Grover, Volunteer Coordinator
- Tamsin Warren, Contracts Manager